I Belong

Kitty was feeling in a low mood one day and went out for a walk in the garden and stopped to admire a daisy. “I wish I was a daisy” Sighed Kitty.

“Now why would you want to be me?” said Daisy

“You are so beautiful and have lovey white petals and a pretty yellow center of sunshine.” replied Kitty.

“You are all of those things too,” said Daisy, “look at your beautiful white fur as your petals and you have pretty rays of sunshine striped thru your fur.”

“Wow that is true, I never thought of me like that. Thank you!”

“Anytime” said Daisy.

Kitty played pounce with a couple of grasshoppers but they always got away. “I wish I was a grasshopper.” Sighed Kitty

“Now why would you want to be me?” said Grasshopper

“You are so light on your feet and are so fast” said Kitty.

“You are all of those things too,” said Grasshopper, “just look how light on your feet you are that you can jump so high and climb trees quickly when Dog chases you.”

“Wow that is true, I never thought of me like that. Thank you!”

“Anytime” said Grasshopper.

Kitty padded her way under the fence into the pasture and watched Dog herd sheep. “I wish I was a dog.” Sighed Kitty

“Now why would you want to be me?” said Dog

“You make the people so happy and are so skillful.” said Kitty

“You are all of those things too,” said Dog, “you bring them pleasure to pet your fur and you keep the mice out of the barn and the house.”

“Wow that is true, I never thought of me like that. Thank you!”

“Anytime” said Dog

Kitty wondered over and sat underneath an oak tree. And heard singing, she looked up and saw Robin.
“I wish I was a robin.” Sighed Kitty

“Now why would you want to be me?” said Robin

“You sing so lovely and bring a feeling of calm to those who hear.” Said kitty

“You are all of those things too,” said Robin. “You sit on peoples lap and purr so lovely it is soothing and brings a feeling of calm.”

“Wow that is true, I never thought of me like that. Thank you!”

“Anytime” said Robin.

Kitty went back to the house and climbed up the porch steps and jumped onto the swing cushion. She began to groom her fur. She thought of everyone she talked to today, they were so beautiful, talented and useful. And she realized that everyone is beautiful, talented and useful. No one is any less or better than any other, and no one’s job is any less or better than any other. She felt so connected with everyone and everything. ‘We all do things in our own ways, but we are all apart of everything. ’Thought Kitty, ‘We all belong, I belong. I wish only to be me. It is good to be a kitty.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Adventure

From Sheepy to right Meow. An Introduction.

There is only Love